Skip to main content

My Favorite Korean Dramas on Netflix

Good Afternoon everyone!

So I love Korean dramas. They are quite creative with great narratives and they are quite heartwarming. Netflix is abundant with choices so I thought in this post I could recall some of my favourites so that you have some recommendations for entertainment if you are feeling down or just taking a break.

Fight for My Way
It has great inspiring characters who are living very relatable lives to a lot of us. In short, it's four friends navigating through their adulthood and trying to get out of unemployment and trying to keep themselves afloat and happy. They deal with unfairness but they overcome the unfairness in their own ways and they persevere through their problems. I really recommend this drama if you are watching Korean drama for the first time as it's a very relatable drama.

Strong Girl Bong Soon
It follows a girl who is superhumanly powerful and how she solves a kidnap with a game developer. There are serious aspects to it but it's balanced with the cuteness of all the characters. Despite her abilities, she also has ambitions and goals to create a game. The entire drama is very lighthearted and the storyline doesn't stray too far into the drama or heavier subjects.

She Was Pretty
This drama follows a girl who is not conventionally attracted working for a fashion magazine under her friend from High School who doesn't know her identity. Another funny and light-hearted drama with loads of great happy moments that take you away from reality. If you like Romcoms, you will love this drama.

Coffee Prince
This drama follows a girl who looks like a boy and acts like a boy. She ends up working for in a coffee shop where she pretends to be a boy. It follows when romance becomes involved in the mix. Again another drama that's pretty light-hearted and fun.

Healer
If you are looking for a mystery drama, this drama is the one. It follows a hitman and a reporter through their journey of trying to piece together what happened to them in the past. It's a gripping drama and I finished it within two days.

Kill me Heal me
This drama cover psychological trauma. It follows a system with dissociative identity disorder and the integration of all their alters becoming one person. The drama is quite accurate in terms of the disorder. It's not highly unrealistic either. The entire drama follows the healing of this person and also finding out what happened in the past that caused them to have this disorder.

Itaewon Class
I am still watching this drama but I am already hooked to it. It follows a young man going through unfairness in his life and losing relationship and family as a result of financial inequality. The characters in this drama show perseverance in the face of hardship and they all go through very heavy problems in their life.

I hope you find some entertainment out of these dramas. I hope you are doing well and staying at home and staying hydrated. I will see you in my next post!

Sincerely Sinthu


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Afternoon everyone! Welcome to my blog! I am so happy to have you here. Let's get introductions out of the way. My name is Sinthu and I am 23 years old. I am a law student studying the LPC LLM in London. I am originally from Sri Lanka and I moved here due to political unsettlement. Other than studying the law, I read in my spare time and take part in writing novels. I have taken part in the Nanowrimo in the past which involves writing a 50,000-word novel within the month of November. I also love to create art and love journaling. I also enjoy exploring new places. So that's a snapshot of who I am. This blog is a new venture where I will share my experiences, guidance and anecdotes. If you want to learn more about being a law student and learning the law in the UK, I hope to provide some insight into that. This blog will also house a lot of lifestyle blog posts about how you can live your best life. It will hopefully bring you a bit of joy and happiness if you are fe

Isolation Activities

Good afternoon everyone! Let's have a little chat about this whole staying at home business: some of you are not doing it. Some of you are 'key workers' therefore have to go to work but the rest of you who have no business to be outside, why? Covid19 is a serious issue and we have to all collectively take responsibility and stay inside where possible. You might be young. You might have a low risk but your nan and grandad do not. Staying inside is not about you, it's about the lives of those who are at high risk of contracting the virus and further not being able to actually heal from it. At this moment in time, we have to stop being selfish. We have to stop thinking about ourselves and our wellbeing and really follow the recommendations. I want to preface this by saying that it is incredibly hard to be at home all the time. I cannot imagine how it must be for those of you who are extroverts. Humans are social animals and we need to see people and be around people fo