Skip to main content

Start of Something New [Weekly Catch Up 1]

Afternoon everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! I hope the first week of 2020 has treated you well. How did you spend the new years? Did you make any new year resolutions?

Since I am out of school, I have been seeing friends and getting more fresh air. I've also been working on the novel that I planned during the last couple of months of 2019. I attempted to write it as a nanowrimo but I decided that I wanted to work more slowly to make sure that the story is absolutely perfect. I am so connected to these characters and the story that it felt like an injustice to simply rush through it.

On new years eve, I went for food with a friend to Busaba. We had nice vegetarian wok-fried noodles. Busaba was so amazing. The food was so flavoursome and the restaurant had such a good atmosphere.


On new years day, I met up with some friends on new years day at Old Dutch at Holborn. We planned to walk back home but we were all too full of pancakes to walk the entire way. 

Finally, I met up with another friend on Friday and we went to a Nepalese restaurant that does the best dumplings. The food was incredibly full of spices and warmth. For dessert, we went to Creams in Stratford and got cookie dough. It was amazing as always. 



During the interim days, I worked on job applications and my story. It surprisingly consumes so much time. I also watched through Anne with an E and I cannot wait to finished season 3. I might post a cool little review because I strongly think that Anne with an E is the best thing I've seen this entire decade (apart from Joker). Have you guys watched it? I highly recommend!

I hope next week brings you a lot of joy and happiness and I will see you in my next post!

Sincerely Sinthu



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Reflect

Afternoon, everyone! So in today's post, I will be discussing my favourite way of reflecting. It goes without saying that there are so many different ways of reflecting and none of them is good or bad. Everyone has their own way of reflecting. This is the way that works well for me. It's always worth giving new techniques a go to better yourself and your lifestyle. In order to do this method, you need a plain paper and a pen. That's it. 1) You have to draw a grid. Now, this grid can be however big or small you'd like it to be. It can include whatever categories you feel is relevant for your life. My categories are usually health and fitness, career, relationships and myself. You can have as many or as little categories but 4 is a good number. By separating your life into compartments in this way, it will help you really analyse the different areas of life. 2) Once you have the basic structure, you can add two different subheadings under each section. Under you...

Isolation Activities

Good afternoon everyone! Let's have a little chat about this whole staying at home business: some of you are not doing it. Some of you are 'key workers' therefore have to go to work but the rest of you who have no business to be outside, why? Covid19 is a serious issue and we have to all collectively take responsibility and stay inside where possible. You might be young. You might have a low risk but your nan and grandad do not. Staying inside is not about you, it's about the lives of those who are at high risk of contracting the virus and further not being able to actually heal from it. At this moment in time, we have to stop being selfish. We have to stop thinking about ourselves and our wellbeing and really follow the recommendations. I want to preface this by saying that it is incredibly hard to be at home all the time. I cannot imagine how it must be for those of you who are extroverts. Humans are social animals and we need to see people and be around people fo...

Fitness Youtubers I Am Loving

Afternoon, everyone! How is quarantine going? I hope you all have established some kind of normalcy in your life. I wanted to share some fitness YouTubers that I am loving at the moment. With quarantine, you are probably not going to the gym. It might be worth giving these home workouts a try to keep yourself moving and energised. Chloe Ting Her videos are short and quite accessible. They are also very energising and enjoyable and helps you really break a sweat at home. Her voice-overs are also very encouraging and supportive so when you are feeling a bit demotivated, her voice prompts are lovely. Blogilates She has workouts for all the different areas of the body. Her videos last different variations of times which can fit any of your time constraints. At the beginning of the month, she also releases free workout calendars. She also releases awesome blog posts which are really helpful.  MadFit Her videos are short and fun. They all follow popular songs so it f...